Monday, January 6, 2014

Shoe Tying Week



Each year I designate one week for Kindergarten shoe tying week.  Students come to the gymnasium and I provide shoes for all students to practice on.  Some students come to class already knowing how to tie, but some students are still working on this important skill.  After two days almost every single kindergarten student could tie an adult tennis shoe.  What an amazing accomplishment!  Since the success was so great at the kindergarten level, I began working with prekindergarten children and many have learned to tie their shoes, as well.  I am so proud of all my students and hope they will keep working on their shoe tying. Mastering this skill is a major milestone for children so be sure to help your child and support him/her in this undertaking.