Saturday, November 23, 2019

Another Successful Thanksgiving/Grandparents Day Program

Image result for Grandparents thank you clipart

Thank you to the many grandparents, parents, faculty, staff, administrators, and friends who attended the Early Childhood Thanksgiving/Grandparents Day program last Friday.  What a fun morning.  The students did a nice job on their activities and were proud to show you their songs, dances, and parachute routines.  I'm sure you enjoyed watching your child(ren) perform.  Be sure to check out the links at the bottom of the page for a few pictures.

A special thanks to all of you for the wonderful "thank you" I got from all of you after the announcement of my retirement.  It meant so much to me and, as you could see, I had a hard time keeping my composure.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.  Over the years we've had many wonderful programs but this one was very special to me.  It has been a privilege to work with so many students and families over my 46 year career at Wichita Collegiate School.

In Physical Education we will now begin our study of games around the world.  It will be an interesting unit of study but I'm excited to get started.  I think the children will enjoy it.  I'll be posting pictures on the west bulletin board as we finish each game.

Preschool students perform the pep rally dance to Be True to Your School.
Kindergarten and Pre-K students also did this same routine at their program.

Preschool students perform their parachute routine to How Does a Moment Last Forever.

Pre-K and Kindergarten students perform the Turkey Tango with Mr. Elmore.

Pre-K students do a partner circle dance to The Cape.  

A routine to The Addams Family was done using a big stretchy band.   
Thank you to teachers who filled in for students who were absent.

Kindergarten students used pool noodle halves for a rhythm routine to Boom da Boom.

View a short part of the pool noodle routine.

The program ended with a beautiful parachute routine to Thankful.  
Here the students perform the turtle.

Middle School History teacher, and tennis coach extraordinaire, Dave Hawley,
 presented me with roses from the school and talked about my upcoming May retirement.
Former Early Childhood Librarian, Jenny Paulseen, spoke at the preschool program.

      
Smiles and hugs from students were the perfect end to a wonderful event.



Image result for thanks for coming clipart