Friday, May 29, 2020

A Big Thank You!


Yesterday I received a very big surprise.  Several members of the administrative team stopped by my home to present the school's Proba te Dignum award for my 46 years of service to the school.  In addition, they let me know that for my retirement, many members of the Wichita Collegiate School community, including students, parents, faculty, staff, grandparents, and alumni, donated money to send me and my husband to the 2021 Kentucky Derby next May.  I was absolutely stunned and overcome with emotion.  Thank you to everyone who was involved with this very generous gift.  Having missed the Kentucky Derby in Physical Education with my students this year, I was very sad.  This has always been one of my favorite events of the school year.  Now I will get to experience the real "Run for the Roses" at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.  As you may already know, I have collected a number of fancy hats over the years for our school event, but this may require the purchase of a new one.  I'll be heading down to Hatman Jacks!

With heartfelt gratitude,

Kathy Wagner