Sunday, May 10, 2020

Practice the dances for the end of school year ZOOM beach party.


May 18 and 19, classes will meet with Mrs. Mould and me, via ZOOM, for the last time.  In trying to keep with our traditional Early Childhood end of school year "Beach Party" theme, Mrs. Mould will read a special book and I will do four dances with the children.  Most of these dances are ones normally learned at the end of each school year.   During the Zoom dances, I will be the only one talking and will lead the children through the Twist, Swim, and Hukilau, ending with the Spartan Spirit Dance to "Be True to Your School."  I am attaching links to each of the dances so the children can practice a few times before the ZOOM beach party.  I look forward to meeting with all the classes at their scheduled times.  

I would love it if students would dress up in beach wear (hats, sunglasses, swimsuits, flowered prints, Hawaiian leis, brightly colored shirt/shorts, flowers in hair, grass skirts, etc.) to add to this festive event.

In addition, I would enjoy seeing pictures or short 30 second videos of your child(ren) dancing, so feel free to email them to my school address or text them to my number in the school directory. I will add them to my very last Friday "Spartans in Action" post on this blog.