Saturday, May 23, 2020

The end of a great day.


What a fun time it was for me last week to have some faculty, former students, and a quartet of band members (and their instructor) stop by my home after the school farewell drive through to sing "Celebration" in honor of my retirement.  Evidently, I was the last leg of a surprise tour to the homes of school employees who had been there for a long time and were retiring.  It was a very special event and I thank everyone involved in the "celebration."  


A flat bed trailer provided the stage for students and teachers singing and playing "Celebration."

Surrounded by friends was a great way to end the day.

Thank you to Mrs. Brake for organizing this very special surprise event
and to Mrs. O'Hearn, Mrs. Rukes, and the band for keeping it a secret.