Sunday, January 27, 2019

Opposite Day - January 25, 2019


Afternoon Kindergarten classes took a break from Pioneer Day activities to celebrate Opposite Day on Friday, January 25.  We did a relay activity where students picked up a picture from one hoop, ran to another hoop to find the opposite picture, and then ran to hang them on a chart.  After hanging the pictures, each student had to phonetically sound out the word on each picture and tell me what it said.  I helped them if they needed it.  Students seemed to enjoy this activity and it was a fun way to integrate some academic content into our physical education class.

This student chooses a picture from the first hoop.

This student runs to the second hoop with the picture from the first hoop.

 The next task is to find the opposite word/picture in the second hoop.

 This student has found the opposite words and will phonetically sound them out.

 Opposite pictures/words are placed across from each other. 

This student smiles after correctly finding the opposites and reading the words to the teacher.


I apologize that there are no pictures of Mrs. Leger's class.  
Although I took pictures, for some reason, none of her class pictures showed up on my phone.  
I'm not sure what happened, but I've been unable to find them.