Thursday, May 14, 2020

A look back at the Read and Romp book "I Am a Tiger" and the dance that accompanied it.



Since the weather has been pretty dreary this week, I thought I would send you something familiar.  One of our stations at Read and Romp Day was the book "I Am a Tiger."  The activity for this book was a dance to Katy Perry's song "Roar," led by Mrs. Ruffin.  When she and I first choreographed this dance, we videoed it to remind us of the actions.  I am sending you a link to that "practice" video.  When you see me walking with my arms extended, it means that we were holding hands in a big circle.  The dance starts in place, moves to a circle, travels in and out of the circle, and finishes with a big "ROAR."  Children can do it with family members or simply try it by themselves in place.  You will need to turn up the volume.

I've also attached the link to our early childhood librarian reading the book.  Thank you, Mrs. Mould.




Click here to listen to Mrs. Mould read "I Am a Tiger."


 KEEP PRACTICING THE DANCES FOR THE ZOOM BEACH PARTY WITH YOUR CLASS NEXT WEEK.  

SCROLL BACK TO LAST SUNDAY'S POST FOR THE LINKS OR LOOK FOR THE FUN FRIDAY INFORMATION COMING TOMORROW FROM MRS. O'HEARN.

"Spartans in Action" pictures will be posted on Friday.  If you want to share pictures or short videos, please send them today.