Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What a Great Summer!


Welcome back to school, everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful summer.  Mine was very exciting, as I took an Alaskan cruise.  Alaska is such a beautiful state.  On my cruise I got to take a side excursion to learn about the Iditarod dog sled race.  I took a helicopter ride up to a glacier where the dogs were living at a special camp. Iditarod trainers spoke to the group about this amazing race and how the dogs are trained to participate.  I got to drive the sled and take a turn at being the "musher."  It was a fun experience.  As many of you know, we have learned about the Iditarod in PE in the past, but we will certainly study it again this year.  At the beginning of March, we will choose real participants in the Iditarod dog sled race (which starts March 7, 2015) and follow their progress throughout the event. We will also do our own mini Iditarod in Physical Education.  It should be a good time!