Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Fun Football Activities


This is an exciting time for Kansas City Chiefs football fans so I decided to let my classes have fun with some football throwing activities. Although I have been home for a few days not feeling well, my substitutes have "carried on" and sent me a few pictures of students in action. Using mini footballs, children started off learning about the grip and stepping in opposition on the throw.  They also worked on having their hands ready to receive the ball.  If a pass was caught, students yelled out "Go Chiefs."  Several classes went on to play a game where the receiver ran with the ball to score a touchdown, with a defender in pursuit.  If a touchdown was scored, the player got to yell "Touchdown, Kansas City."  If you've ever watched a Chiefs football game then you know those words come from the Chiefs announcer.  I wish I could have been in class to witness the fun of my students, but my substitutes notified me that the children had a great time. 

Let's keep our fingers crossed for our Kansas City Chiefs becoming 2020 Super Bowl champs.  The last time that happened I was a senior in high school, so it's about time!!

 The grip.

 Partners work to pass and receive the football.

The receiver has her hands ready to receive the pass.

 Increasing the distance on the throw, the quarterback releases the ball.

 The receiver prepares for a catch and a run to the end zone for a score.

Even our preschool students began to work on throwing and catching a football.

Watch out for this quarterback.  He looks fierce.

No comments: